Refunds / Transfers / Cancellations
Entry cancellations can be made up to Saturday 13th October 2018 (two weeks before the event date), by writing to [email protected], when a refund (less $20 administration fee) will be made. Refunds will not be given after this date.
If you would like to protect your entry fee and receive a full refund, without admin fee charged as per above, either after entering the event or in particular within two weeks of the event date (when we no longer offer partial refunds), you can purchase the ‘Registration Protection’ insurance option. This is provided by Booking Protect for an additional fee at the time of purchasing your event entry.
If you are unable to attend the event due to unexpected injury or illness or other specific reason, purchasing this registration protection may protect your original entry fees paid, if you meet the refund claim criteria. Be aware that unexpected work/family commitments (other than permanent work relocation) preventing you from attending the event does NOT qualify as an applicable reason to receive a full refund. This insurance purchase option is NOT available after you register for the event, so please consider this at the time of purchase.
Full details, terms, conditions and exclusions of the Booking Protect registration protection program can be found here.
Entry Transfers (Online)
- Participants can transfer their entry online to another person up until Saturday 13th October 2018 (two weeks before the event date).
- This can be done by logging into your active.com account, selecting your ‘MyEvents’ portal and transferring your registration via email to another athlete.
- The new athlete must claim your registration via email before a refund will be processed and returned to your credit card minus a $20 admin fee. Please note that the new athlete claiming the transferred entry, will need to pay the current entry fee at the time of claiming.
- Online entry transfers will be closed two weeks before the event to ensure an accurate list of runners.
Entry Transfers (On the Day)
- Last minute participant transfers can be done on race morning at registration.
- Replacement runners are required to bring along an email and the registration details from the original runner stating that they are happy for the transfer to take place.
- On arrival replacement runners should line up at the ‘Transfers’ desk at registration to complete the transfer.
- On the day transfers will incur a $20 admin fee, cash preferred. Exchange of funds for race entry fees will be a private transaction between the two runners.
- Replacement runners should allow extra time to complete registration on race morning.
- Competitors registered for the 21km course can change down to the 14km up until Saturday 13th October 2018. Email your request for a course change to [email protected].
- All online course/category changes will be closed from Saturday 13th October 2018. No refunds will be made for course changes.
- Competitors can upgrade to a longer course (unless sold out prior) – the difference in entry fee will be payable when you upgrade.
- All course changes after Saturday 13th October 2018 will need to be made at registration on race morning.
If the event has to be cancelled due to weather conditions, natural disaster, acts of god, terrorism, war or any other reason so deemed by the organisers, all efforts will be made to reschedule the event at a later date. If the event is rescheduled and you are unable to make the new date, no refunds will be issued.
You will be notified of the cancellation by email and announcements will be made on the home page of this site. Please note the event will not be cancelled due to rain. Race organisers will review the track conditions if required in the last week leading up to the event and update everyone via the event website and Maximum Adventure Facebook page.